The inspiration for Leahaven was to provide a place for pastors, missionaries and other full-time Christian workers who need a spiritual retreat. This is our blessing to those who are doing God’s work—our way of “unmuzzling the ox.”
Leahaven is operated as a ministry at our personal expense. We do not charge rent, however we are very grateful for thank offerings, which are used to maintain the ministry to the glory of God. For those who have asked, it costs us $20 a day to operate Leahaven, and it costs more when guests are present.
- Master bedroom suite on the main floor, with queen-sized bed, opens onto the back porch.
- The first second-floor bedroom has one twin bed and an Xtra-long twin bed.
- The other second-floor bedroom has two twin beds with an additional single daybed.
- A PortaCrib (with a thin mattress) is available.
- Second-floor playroom/library between the two bedrooms has books and games.
- Living room has a wood-burning fireplace.
- Dining room table seats 6-8.
- Kitchen is fully equipped with all appliances, dishes, silverware, and cooking utensils.
- Large back porch overlooks the creek and woods.
- Patio overlooks the creek with a table and chairs for outdoor dining and a grill nearby.
- Master bath and powder room are on the main floor, second bathroom upstairs.
- Laundry room with washer and dryer on the main floor.
- No television or internet in the house. There is a land line (no long distance calls possible) and most cell phones receive service somewhere on the grounds of Cloudland Station.
*450 beautiful acres at the foot of Lookout Mountain.
*Large lake for canoeing and fishing.
*Salt water infinity swimming pool.
*Fresh water swimming hole with a floating dock and rope swing.
*Miles of hiking trails through the valley and on the mountain slopes.
*Private cave and waterfall nestled against the mountainside.
*Patio with tables and wood-burning fireplace in the village square, ready for group gatherings.
*Recreation barn for sheltered cookouts, basketball and other games.
*Multi-level treehouse overlooking a perfect wading creek.
*Various secluded areas for picnics and relaxation.